Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I went to the gym today

Since I've been taking this walking/fitness class, I've been trying real hard to eat right, and today I started WORKING OUT IN THE GYM. That's right, Couch Potato Extraordinaire went to the gym and lifted weights and pulled levers on the machines and stuff. I'm writing about it because I need accountability. It's very easy to be gung-ho for a couple days or weeks, but I always seem to fizz out after, well, not usually very long. I suppose I lack discipline or something like that. Okay I totally don't suppose, I DEFINITELY lack discipline and EVERYTHING like that, at least when it comes to working out. So here I have posted a picture of my heroine, Xena--cuz you know darn well she didn't whine and complain when she didn't feel like getting off her patushka to train with that chakram (on a side note, I never noticed before how much the designs on the chakram look like bunnies. Bunnies. On a weapon that could get way worse than medieval on your heiny. Nice going, people-who-forged-the-prop.). Nosiree bob, you simply can't throw around a magic frisbee (or large, fur-and-leather clad bad guys, or insane serial killers named after one of Jupiter's moons, or seriously hot but obnoxiously egotistical gods of war, or Julius Caesars, DANG that woman got around) like she did without a heck of a lot of practice. And you know homeskillet was BIG. I mean, I don't know what she could bench press but I imagine compact cars weren't out of the realm of possibility. Anyway, since I don't have a big poster of Xena to put up on a wall somewhere with a cartoon balloon coming out of her mouth saying "I'll kick your @#$ if you don't exercise today, pantywaist!!!" (and even if I did, that would be kind of weird) I figured I'd just upload it to the blog where I know I can turn anytime for some inspiration. I used to love watching Herc and Xena back in the 90's. Also Earth, Final Conflict--but I digress, and I'm too tired to fully explore this digression. It's freakin' midnight and I have been up since 6:00am and I have to get up again at 6:00am and lie around in bed staring at my alarm clock saying to myself "just 5 more minutes" until it gets to be 7:00am and I finally roll out of bed, step into my fuzzy purple slippers, stumble into the living room and lie down on the couch until 7:15am. Then I usually get up for realz. I just freakin' digressed again and tomorrow I'm going to read this and go "now that post was stupid" but I won't bother deleting it because if nothing else, it has this truly excellent pic:

Because that, my friends, is just priceless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I read the stuff you posted on your blog-site today and if you aren't a writer, I ain'chur cousin. You just blew me away!